2nd-3rd October 2021
For 2 days in August, Navrun will be based in the iconic 4wd destination of the Pyrenees Ranges.
Your team, consisting of at least 2 people, will be treated to a range of navigational challenges to complete using your map, GPS and observational skills. Track difficulty will vary from easy to medium, with the option to tackle some tough tracks should you wish.
You can expect to see the following courses in some form across the weekend:
1. Route Course – Plot and drive a course on your supplied paper map using the clues and GPS points given in your track notes. Points will be awarded for answering questions and matching photos found along the correct route. Challenging terrain and spectacular views will feature heavily.
2. Waypoint Course – Given a set of clues, descriptions and GPS points you will need to identify and drive to specific locations across the ranges. You determine the strategy by choosing the tracks and order used to get to them.
3. Stick Map Course – Decipher the map, follow the course… a keen-eyed navigator is essential for this one.
What, When and Where:
– A navigational 4wd challenge through the iconic Pyrenees Ranges
– 2nd and 3rd October, 2021
– Base Camp – 10 minutes from Avoca
– Medium (with optional hard tracks)
– 2 days of 4wding and navigation challenges
– Large campground with 2wd access and toilets
– Hot breakfast and dinner Saturday & Sunday
– Official paper maps and track notes
– A prize pool in excess of $2000 with major prizes for top 3 teams and trophies all the way to 10th place.
– A fun weekend with great people
– A 4wd with low range, ground clearance, recovery gear and all terrain tyres or better
– GPS – Tablet or laptop running Oziexplorer is suggested
– Camping gear
– Driver and Navigator (more passengers are welcome)
– $350 entry fee – includes single 4wd team with Driver and Navigator. Extra passengers are welcome, and will only incur a $30pp fee to cover catering.
Results and Scores of all the Navruns
Further details please contact Gary Coates at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0408 374 456.